Publishing Editor - Journals
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Cambridgeshire (GB)
- £33,960 (full-time equivalent)
- 30 Jan 2023
- 19 Feb 2023
- Chemistry, Publishing
- Contract Type
- Part Time
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for a permanent part time Publishing Editor to work 17.5 hours per week in our Journals Publishing department, where we publish journals which are read by the chemical science community worldwide. This is a great opportunity to work with our dynamic in-house editorial teams and external researchers to ensure the Royal Society of Chemistry publishes high impact journals with the best science.
The Royal Society of Chemistry publishes 45 peer-reviewed journals, more than 1500 print books and a collection of online databases and literature updating services. Our international publishing portfolio covers the core chemical sciences including related fields such as biology, biophysics, energy and environment, engineering, materials, medicine and physics. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our mission to advance excellence in the chemical sciences.
As a Publishing Editor the main purpose of your role is to contribute to the growth and quality of your team’s journals through the day-to-day operation of the peer review and publication processes for journal articles submitted to the Royal Society of Chemistry.
You will be a critical part of the whole publishing process and will work with external researchers/Associate Editors in a varied role where you will use your scientific knowledge daily to select the highest quality science for publication, providing excellent customer service to our authors and reviewers.
We are looking for the following:
- An honours degree in science, or relevant equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills interacting with internal and external colleagues
- Strong organisational and time-management skills together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well as a team
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience of using computers for email, file manipulation and word processing
- Experience in STM publishing
Download the full job description.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com