- Accreditation Requirements
- Not specified
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We currently have an exciting role of Fundraising Lead. In this role you will play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income for our charitable activities from our members, wealthy individuals and legacies & bequests. You will be involved in a range of varied activities and projects. This role is where you can show your experience and skills in the full life cycle of donor fundraising.
In your day-to-day job you will be responsible for identifying and developing relationships with individuals who will be interested in supporting our charitable work. to help to secure the future of the chemical sciences, thereby helping chemistry to become a rich and rewarding part of many more people’s lives.
You will manage all aspects of individual giving via our fundraising database (iMIS) encompassing not only major donations, but also enquiries about planned giving/overseeing the donations process from legacies, and one-off/regular donations.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of major donor fundraising, with either a desire to work with individuals, or previous experience in securing large donations/gifts .
- Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Should possess good negotiating skills, able to handle customer objections, and be self-motivated.
- Educated to degree level, with a demonstrable interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
- Curiosity in the work of the chemical sciences and the ability to think creatively in joining up donor interests with funding opportunities at the RSC.
- Diplomacy and tact, in terms of approaching gift conversations with potential donors, and also sensitivity in dealing with families of former members of the RSC.
- Ability to swiftly establish credibility both with senior representatives as well as wider RSC stakeholders. Good at listening, with a consultative approach and identifies opportunities to support colleagues.
Please note that internally this role is called Philanthropy Lead.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org