New Venture Manager
- Full Time
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Hybrid or Remote (within the UK)
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We are currently looking for a Venture Manager who will support the new venture process from start to finish. In this role you will spearhead the new business model that will help the RSC to identify new revenue and surplus diversification opportunities and envision the future of our industry and market. You'll support our commercial development strategy, evangelise our venture-building innovation process, and set up, lead, and coach venture projects. You will be developing in-depth knowledge of RSC offerings to identify profitable new business opportunities. As Venture Manger you will be involved in researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to maximise customer loyalty, customer demand and new customer acquisition.
What we are looking for:
- Work experience in an international business environment including experience in innovation/new business development
- Diverse experiences across relevant sectors, such as scientific publishing, data & analytics, e-learning, professional services consultancy and scientific research
- Experience in leading the validation process of forming assumptions and running experiments to assess feasibility, viability and desirability
- Experience in supporting a business model innovation process that covers vision setting, exploration problem-fit, solution-fit, and market-fit, and defining metrics for success
- Multifunctional experience across sales, marketing, product development and finance teams
- Entrepreneurialism, drive, determination and enthusiasm to deliver new products, services and opportunities from idea origination to implementation and eventually to BAU
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of self-awareness are required
Interviews to be held in January 2023.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com