Publishing Assistant, Customer Services
- Accreditation Requirements
- Not specified
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary (maternity cover up to 12 months)
Hybrid (Cambridge office) or UK Remote
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Publishing Assistant (Customer Services) on a full-time, temporary basis. It is possible that start and finish times can be flexible to accommodate your needs, maintaining a 35-hour week.
As Publishing Assistant (Customer Services), you will support our Journals teams through a range of publication and administration processes, contributing to the growth and quality of the journals, whilst providing excellent customer service. Our Customer Services team plays a key role enabling the Journals Publishing team to achieve its aim of being a digital first publisher focused on delivering high-quality, accessible, impactful content and an excellent customer (authors, reviewers and readers) experience in line with the Royal Society of Chemistry’s strategy.
We are looking for:
- A high-standard of word processing and record-keeping, ability to use other software packages associated with PCs and opening and manipulating of file attachments of varying types of software.
- Good organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to:
- work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- work with minimal supervision and be responsible for own workload.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent pro rata benefits package. If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org