Deputy Editor, Journals
- Accreditation Requirements
- Not specified
This is a vital role to support the continuing development of our journals contributing to community engagement, commissioning and achieving our ambitious growth targets. We are looking for an ambitious publishing professional who wants to develop their career with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Your key role will be to contribute to the growth, quality and usage of the journals, by assisting in the development and implementation of commissioning and product development plans and deputising for the Executive Editor. This role supports the General Chemistry portfolio (ChemComm and Chem Soc Rev).
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Assisting the development and implementation of the product development plans to maintain or improve the circulation/revenue/quality/usage of the journal and deliver the journals KPI’s through development and implementation of effective Editorial policy, commissioning and marketing plans.
- Commissioning articles, via desk based research and attendance at scientific conferences.
- Contributing to the development of the Editorial and Advisory Boards and Associate Editors such that they provide the maximum benefit to the Journals and strong interactions with their communities and to assist the Executive Editor in the identification and recruitment of external Associate Editors.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with existing/potential authors and referees.
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advising the Executive Editor and Publisher of future trends, risks and opportunities.
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential.
- Previous experience in STM publishing.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.