Lead Technical Service Specialist required in West Yorkshire, on a permanent basis. Requiring a background ideally within lubrication or metalworking industries (either development/formulation or Technical Service), with experience in reliability, maintenance and/or continuous improvement advantageous. Title: Lead Technical Service SpecialistLocation: West YorkshireSalary: £32,000 - £40,000
(dependent on experience)Term: Permanent
SRG are working with a highly successful company that are part of very large wider global corporation, that have a presence in over 50 countries across the world. They specialise in the manufacture and distribution of adhesives, additives and lubricants for use in various applications ranging from automotive, construction, polymers and other speciality products. They are now seeking a Lead Technical Service Specialist to join their multifunctional team in West Yorkshire to take ownership of their Technical Service provided to existing customers. This role is designed to be transformative to both the successful candidate and the business, with an opportunity to make a real impact within a strong area for the business. Primarily focussing on routine and consultative technical support to end users, planning and executing the technical training of staff, distributors and customers, as well as being involved in New Product Development. This role will be critical in ensuring flawless execution of projects, with a mindset of continuous improvement and corporate collaboration.Benefits: Joining a highly successful, global company with an opportunity to transform a current role. 35 hours - Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday and plus bank holidays. Role/Description
- Leading Technical Enquiries Service and taking ownership of the Technical Service provided to existing customers.
- Routine and consultative technical support of end users, prospective new customers and channel partners.
- Planning and execution of the technical training of staff, distributors and customers.
- Prepare training plans for all the segments across the business and the technical documentation for sales and marketing (TDS).
- Be a stakeholder and leader of a number of cross-functional growth projects: New Product Development, supporting new and existing customers getting the best out of our products, field trials, production of marketing and technical literature.
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or similar
- Proven industrial experience in any of the following: Maintenance, reliability, lubrication, engineering or metalworking industries.
- Track record of delivering excellent new products, customer solutions, reliability projects, problem solving or continuous improvement.
- Evidenced use of GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) or comparable quality and continuous improvement skills
- Knowledge of ISO 45001, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), REACH, NSF, ISO 90001, AS9100 and ISO 21469, WRAS is desirable but not essential
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients. If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: technical service, customer enquiries, maintenance, reliability, lubrication, lubricants, metalworking, customer solutions, continuous improvement, GLP, ISO 45001, REACH, NSF, ISO 90001, AS9100, ISO 21469, WRAS, training, training plans, technical support, field trials, marketing, formulation, development.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.