Job title: Process Chemist.Location: Huddersfield.4-month FTC.£15.81 p/h
SRG are looking a for a Process chemist to join a global agrochemical company based in Huddersfield. As a process chemist, you'd be responsible for developing chemical processes for existing products, as well as scaling production processes for newer products. You'd also be responsible for running laboratory tests and data assessment, to help support a wide range of chemical manufacturing processes.
This role would be perfect for anyone from a chemistry or chemical engineering background, with experience with chemical manufacturing scale up practices, but any experience in chemical manufacturing or R&D would be an advantage. Key Responsibilities will include:
- To develop, evaluate and scale-up chemical processes for new and existing products, as agreed with the +1 manager, in order to establish or improve manufacturing capability.
- To carry out laboratory work to support existing manufacture across a range of Chemical processes.
- To assess and collate data on Chemical Processes to define an optimum operating envelope.
- Plan and carry out chemical process development work on new and existing processes in the laboratory to meet development targets on quality, cost, operability, productivity and SHE impact as agreed with the Senior Process Chemist or Principal Process Chemist.
- Communicate with other technical functions; analytical, process engineers, formulation, manufacturing and SHE functions to exchange information and results to assist in progressing development work.
To apply click the link or send your CV
- Practical laboratory experience in experimental and analytical techniques.
- Experience with literature searching and use of library information systems.
- Educated to at least degree level in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.