CK Group are recruiting for a highly motivated lab-based Research Scientist - LC-MS to join a precision medicine company based near Manchester.Company:
Our client is developing next-generation diagnostic tests to help clinicians prescribe the right drug, for the right patient, at the right time. They are developing LC-MS proteomic biomarker discovery platforms and clinical assays to predict drug response in a clinical setting.The Role:
- Support the development of biomarker discovery platforms and resulting clinical assays.
- Be involved in a variety of projects that aim to expand the portfolio of proteomic assays
- Sits within the LC-MS/MS technical operations team and involves operation of LC-MS/MS systems and method development
- Ph.D. in proteomics or protein biochemistry applied to the investigation of mammalian cell biology
- Expertise in LC-MS/MS proteomics - hands-on experience running/operating high-end LC-MS/MS systems (including hands-on experience calibrating the MS systems, basic maintenance of LC-MS/MS, renewing buffers, running QCs, interpreting data, and reporting QC outputs).
- Experienced in preparing samples using proteomic workflows for LC-MS/MS analysis.
- Experience working with multiple sample types (e.g. cell lines, blood, solid tissue).
- Knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles of biochemical and molecular biological systems.
- Experience analysing large sample sets, across multiple batches.
- Experience using software for the identification, characterisation and quantification of peptides and proteins from LC-MS/MS raw data.
- Expertise in the utilisation of LC-MS/MS proteomic technologies for the identification and validation of clinical biomarkers.
- Experience in automation of sample preparation workflows using liquid handlers.
- Experience building targeted (e.g., PRM/SRM) or untargeted (e.g., DDA/DIA) methods for proteomics.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56527 in all correspondence.