CK Group are currently recruiting for a QC Lead to join a leading manufacturer of fine chemicals based near Cambridge. This role is a full time permanent position, with a salary range of £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience.
The employee will be part of the company’s operations team, They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the QC department.
As part of this the employee will undertake analysis of chemicals to ensure compliance to client and company specifications, using GC, HPLC, KF, FITR and titrations to support production. Responsibilities:
To manage the day-to-day operation of the QC Laboratory, such as but not limited too;
- To keep themselves and others safe and to look after their welfare as so far is reasonably practical. Ensuring the QC laboratory is likewise run in a safe manner and ensure compliance to company procedures,
- To support management to provide and promote a safe and healthy work environment,
- To undertake Documentation, Maintenance and QC tasks as required.
- Planning the workday based upon your knowledge of the production schedule.
- To be reactive to changing priorities and amend the planned work to accommodate such changes,
- Preparing and reviewing QC results for internal and release testing
- Ensuring that the QC Analyst is trained properly and effectively in all aspects of their role, that they understand their job role and how to manage their working day to support you and production,
- To prepare and undertake analysis of raw materials, intermediates and final product, using GC, HPLC, FITR, KF and titrations to allow release to production or clients within required timeframes,
- To undertake method development and method qualification on GC, HPLC and other QC laboratory equipment.
- Possess a master’s degree in Organic Chemistry or a closely related field. (Note: 3-5 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.)
- Previous experience working within the QC department of a fine chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Proven track record of problem-solving and troubleshooting within a lab-based environment.
- Understanding of QC quality systems.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Company supplied Pension.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56590 in all correspondence.