CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Quality Scientist to join a specialist company providing inspection, calibration and testing services based in Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
You will be working closely with the Laboratory Manager to lead all aspects of Quality Control for the company's ISO 17025 and ISO 17034 accreditation's. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that a good quality culture is maintained throughout the department. The work you deliver will contribute to providing calibration and testing services of the highest metrological quality available in the industry. Salary:
£30,000 – £35,500 per annum, depending on experienceYour main duties will be (but not limited) to:
- Management of all instrument validations and stability studies in accordance with the requirements of the quality system and technical methods therein.
- Reviewing and authorising all validation data and stability study data in a timely manner.
- Enrolment and organisation of participation in external PT schemes to maintain the external consistency for the accredited technical methods within the laboratory.
- Reporting and quickly resolving all instrument / machine faults through liaison with senior management, scientific staff and/or external suppliers to maintain the highest possible up-time.
- Conduct internal audits in line with the requirements of the internal audit program as an approved auditor.
- Reporting and resolving all quality related issues.
- Provide regular feedback and quality reports on the performance of the laboratory including both technical and managerial aspects.
- Recognise and identify trends in calibration / testing compositions which may aid the development of new and novel analytical methods for increasing the scope of the laboratory’s competence.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Have a degree in Chemical or Physical science
- Proven experience in chemical laboratory upkeep and management
- Ability to follow an approved and documented procedure.
- Knowledge and experience of quality control, quality management systems and ISO accreditations.
- Knowledge and experience of people management would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of gas chromatography would be advantageous.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
- Company sick pay scheme.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56371 in all correspondence.