We are currently looking for a Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the North East of England. As the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for leading the synthesis of complex target molecules, contributing to the innovation of new technologies for Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADCs) and targeted cancer therapeutics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a scientist coming from a CRO who has experience synthesising ADC payloads/linker-drugs to directly impact the R&D pipeline capabilities towards the clinic.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will provide technical expertise and leadership in the preparation, design, isolation and characterisation of complex target molecules, regularly troubleshoot, and develop new synthetic strategies to implement continuous improvement.
2. You will apply your knowledge and experience synthesising antibody-drug conjugates to scale up, using a vast range of synthetic strategies, purification methods, and analytical techniques (HPLC, NMR, LCMR, UV-Vis, IR)
3. You will liaise with cross-functional teams to deliver R&D objectives, be encouraged to innovate new technologies for therapeutic agents, novel payloads, and synthetic strategies to prepare complex target molecules.
4. You will train and up-skill scientists, support the development of the companies technologies by reviewing tech-transfer reports, and make a direct impact on developing methods improving the efficacy and workflow.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience working in Senior position at in a CRO in a synthesis / characterisation role targeting molecules through multi-step synthesis using a range of techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with antibody-drug conjugates, and experience with LC-MS analysis, prep-HPLC and purification method development.
Key Words: Chemistry | Organic | Synthetic Chemistry | Organic Chemistry | Medicinal Chemistry | ADC | Antibody-Drug Conjugate | HPLC | CRO | NMR | LCMS | LC-MS | Synthesis | Multi-step synthesis | Cytotoxicity | Drug Development | Analytical | Peptide Synthesis | Contract Research Organisation | Biotechnology | Protein Purification | MSc | PhD | Method Development | Senior Scientist | Senior | Linker-Drug | Cytotoxicity Payloads | Cancer Therapeutics | R&D | Research and Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.