CK Group are recruiting for a Cosmetics Formulation Chemist to join a personal care company based at their site in Stoke on Trent on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
Our client is a global leader in the cosmetics and personal care industry. With a proven track record of supplying top-tier private label and branded products to leading retailers worldwide, they've experienced remarkable year-on-year growth. They are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of cosmetic science and are seeking a Senior Formulation Chemist to help lead product development efforts to new heights. Location:
This role is based at the company's site in Stoke on TrentYour main duties will be:
- Develop new cosmetic formulations based on customer briefs, incorporating specific ingredient preferences and product characteristics.
- Write Formulation breakdowns, Specifications and Methods of Manufacture for new formulations.
- Reformulate existing formulations to address stability and regulatory issues, ensuring products meet quality and compliance standards.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks within the lab to junior chemists and interns.
- Lead and mentor a growing team of junior formulation chemists, fostering an effective and collaborative team culture.
- Maintain standards in the laboratory, with adherence to GLP (General Laboratory Practices) and utilisation of the 5S method.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in cosmetic science or related
- Experienced formulating cosmetics or skincare
- Managerial/Supervisory experience
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56542 in all correspondence.