- Job Title: Scientist - Physical Testing
- Contract: until end of Dec 2024
- Location: Deeside
- Pay: £14.84 per hour
SRG are partnered with a global medical products and technologies company. Our client is focused on solutions for the management of chronic conditions, with leading positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence care, and infusion care.
We are seeking a Scientist to join their Deeside team. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing the physical properties of medical devices by performing routine physical test methods within a laboratory such as tensile and absorption testing.
- Writing up of completed testing in a laboratory bench book complying with GLP and GDP.
- Logging in of test samples.
- Preparing testing plans and data template ready for testing.
- Working within a controlled ISO13485 and ISO9001 Laboratory quality system and in accordance with GLP/GMP procedures
- Involvement in the development and validation of new physical testing methods.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant science related discipline.
- Experience in a working laboratory environment, out with academia
- Understanding of compliance with FDA and European regulations relating to Quality Systems (ISO13485:2016, ISO9001:2000, FDA 21 CFR part 820) and GMP Guidelines and Regulation.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- A detailed understanding of common statistical analysis and experience with MiniTab desirable.
- Have an understanding of the role of Physical Testing within the product development process for both new product development and existing product development of medical devices / pharmaceuticals
- Commands good physical testing and problem-solving skills and demonstrates an understanding of the steps involved in initiating and completing a variety of physical testing tasks to support key R&D projects.
- Statically analyze data for reporting to senior physical testing staff
- Effectively communicate both oral and written scientific and technical data to peers and managers
- A forward-thinking team-player who willingly accepts new challenges and works to tight deadlines.
- Commands Flexibility - ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and react/respond positively to changes in priority and workload.
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Decisive thinker; ability to make decisions and recommendations using own initiative.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.