We are currently looking for a Histotechnologist II to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Histotechnologist II you will be responsible to precisely and accurately perform a variety of routine and specialized histology techniques and procedures.
This role is a 9-12 Months Fixed Term Contract which is based on site (Monday - Friday) in Cambridge.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Histotechnologist II will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the performance of routine and non-routine activities involved in handling, cutting, and distribution of tissue slides for microscopic evaluation either manually or automated in accordance to SOPs.
2. You will regularly troubleshoot and resolve histology related inquiries ensuring the production of the highest quality of embedding, microtomy, tissue grossing, tissue processing H&E staining, stays consistent to the company's demands.
3. You will prepare tissue specimens with chemicals, slicing, and mounting on glass slides for microscopic examination and analysis. It will be crucial to report problems concerning individual cases, tests, equipment, and supplies to the department supervisor or lead technologist to ensure timely resolution.
4. You will maintain the laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Histotechnologist II we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc degree in the field as well as relevant industry experience, ideally as a Histotechnologist.
2. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual.
3. It will ideal to have either a HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP).
Key Words: Histotechnologist | Histology | Clinical | Biomedical Science | Biomedical | BMS | Biotechnology | Biotech | Cambridgeshire | Cambridge | Senior Scientist | Histologist | BSc | MSc | Tissue Staining | Tissue Grossing | Microtomy | Immunohistochemistry |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.