Computational scientist or engineer with a background in COMSOL, Ansys or similar physics software required.Computational Engineer/ScientistNottinghamshire - commutable from Sheffield, Doncaster, Lincoln, NottinghamSalary - £30,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)Permanent
SRG is working with a world leader in polymer research and manufacturing. Based in the East Midlands/ Nottinghamshire region, they have recently started expanding their focus into computational physics and have a new position available for someone with a background in COMSOL, Ansys or similar software. This would be ideal for someone with a computational physics PhD/postdoc or someone who has been working on similar projects in industry for the past two years. You will join a close-knit team that is looking to expand at a growing company at the forefront of research in the polymers and materials industry. Benefits: Annual salary reviews, company bonus and UNUM Help@hand scheme Role Description
- Developing and optimising computational models on projects for noise and vibration on various R&D projects
- Integrating and analysing test data using computational physics software such as COMSOL and Ansys for example (e.g., electromagnetic attenuation, vibration and acoustic absorption)
- Liaising with other departments as well as customers to support the sales team
- Occasionally travelling domestically and internationally to support customers
- Collating data from experiments and analysing to interpret material properties
- Managing projects for customer-specific applications
- Degree in physics, chemistry or relevant engineering background
- Preferably a PhD or postdoctoral project on computational physics
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment would be beneficial
- Any past experience within polymer formulation or materials development would be an advantage.
- Understanding of MRP systems
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Will on 0161 526 1885. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
- Full right to work in the UK
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients. Keywords:
Computational, physics, Ansys, COMSOL, modelling, R&D, NPD, NPI, polymers, material science
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.