At UKAS we are always on the lookout for candidates, with a strong technical background in Analytical Chemistry, to join our growing team of contract and full-time assessors. We look for individuals with experience across a range of sectors including Environmental Chemistry, Metals/Alloys testing, Toxicology, Paints/Coatings, Oil and Gas and General Chemistry.
Playing a pivotal role, our Technical Assessors & Assessment Managers are a crucial part of the UKAS assessment process, providing UKAS with the essential expertise required to deliver robust assessments in in chemical and/or physical testing in one or more of the following areas:
- General chemistry, materials testing of plastics, concrete, aggregates, mortars and engineering soils using both traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques.
- Testing of soils, waters and air samples, using organic or inorganic analytical techniques, in support of Environmental monitoring.
- Testing of metals and alloys (including precious metals and alloys) using both traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques.
- Testing of paints and coatings, coating thickness, opacity, coverage, tint, weathering and brightness etc.
- Testing of oils, fuels and gases for a variety of determinants using traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques
- Have several years’ practical experience within a relevant sector.
- Possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge relevant to their field of expertise including industry standard methods and relevant sector schemes.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
- Have experience of working in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory
- Some experience of internal or external auditing would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with Certification Body staff, Senior Management Teams, Assessment Centres and their customers at all levels.
- Full training will be provided for to become an Assessor in Report Writing to UKAS requirements offering ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard awareness and UKAS systems training.
Becoming a technical assessor for UKAS provides a unique and rewarding opportunity for industry professionals to expand their skills and enhance your career alongside your current role or as an independent.
We would welcome applications from those looking for contract, permanent or part-time roles.
Candidate privacy notice link: