CK Group are currently recruiting for a Assistant Transfer Station Manager role for a waste management company based near Oxford on a full time Permanent basis.
This role is Monday to Friday, 08:00-17:00 (1 hour lunch). The salary for this role is up to £45,000 paThe Role:
To work closely with the Technical Transfer Station Manager to assist with the day-to-day management of the Technical Transfer Station. Assess and allocate workloads, ensure site procedures are implemented, address any issues that arise with operators, drivers, contractors and visitors.Responsibilities:
Requirements for this role:
- Ensure that site operations comply with the site licence, working plan, UK legislation and standard operating procedures.
- Review SOPs and RAs where required.
- Allocate workloads for operators to ensure that the movement of waste through the site is maintained, including organising the removal of waste from site.
- Liaise with the Technical department to ensure that deliveries comply with both the site licence and other site constraints.
- Assist with the administration of maintenance programmes, liaise with external contractors to ensure that any work carried out complies with UK legislation and site/company procedures.
- Assist with the purchase of work equipment and consumables, ensure that competitive quotations are gathered, issue any equipment purchased and ensure that outstanding invoices are paid.
- Liaise with the site Safety Representative to promote high standards of safety.
- Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental-related discipline).
- Ideally, COTC Level 4 – either Managing Transfer or Treatment Operations.
- Full UK driving licence.
- At least five years’ experience at a waste management facility, with an understanding of hazardous materials.
- Understanding of all current UK legislation associated with the waste industry.
- Discretionary company bonuses
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, company matches this) with life insurance cover
- 30 days’ annual leave (inclusive of 8 bank holidays), which will increase with service, plus the option to buy up to 5 extra days' holiday
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56532 in all correspondence.