CK Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Site Chemist role for a waste management company based near Oxford on a full time Permanent basis.
This role is shift based, the shifts are 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Fri, rotated on a fortnightly basis for a total of 40 hours per week.The Role:
You will help with the day-to-day operation of the transfer station – receiving incoming consignments of waste, checking documentation, completing waste transfer notes and raising non-conformances. You can also expect to un/load lorries, operate waste processing machinery and plant, and inspect, classify and segregate waste deliveries. Responsibilities will include:
Requirements for this role:
- Listing, segregating and packing waste for collection by our drivers on customer sites
- Driving company vans to collect small waste consignments
- Shunting vehicles around the yard for unloading/loading
- Assisting with contractor management on site
- Helping to plan daily tasks for site operators
- Minimum HNC in Chemistry or a Chemistry/Environmental-related discipline.
- Understanding of the hazards of materials received at the transfer station
- Competent at operating machinery and plant safely
- Understanding of Best Available Techniques (BAT) processes.
- Driving licence and own transport due to site location
- Discretionary company bonuses
- Pension scheme with life insurance cover
- 30 days’ annual leave (inclusive of 8 bank holidays), which will increase with service, plus the option to buy up to 5 extra days' holiday
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56531 in all correspondence.