Do you have a strong technical background in Analytical Science, in particular Molecular or Elemental Spectroscopy? Would you like to use these skills in a commercial sales environment? If so, this opportunity could be ideal for you!
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist - Spectroscopy to join a leading manufacturer of Analytical Instrumentation. You will play a key part in supporting the sales process, applying your comprehensive background in analytical instrumentation / spectroscopy to support the Sales Team and Customers.
This job is remote based and will require frequent travel to customer sites around the UK as well as attending meeting at our clients location in Buckinghamshire.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Specialist - Spectroscopy will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the technical aspects of all projects related to analytical instrumentation / spectroscopy, providing insights and solutions to overcome any technical challenges based on customer requirements.
2. Provide thorough customer instrument training, supporting customers with existing queries and maintaining a professional approach at all times.
3. There will be a significant amount of client engagement and you will support the Sales Team by attending discovery meetings, providing technical sessions, performing demonstrations, conducting sample analysis and provided customers with presentations.
4. By supporting the Sales Team you will develop and execute campaigns to help drive sales and marketing growth. This will include attending conferences and exhibitions to showcase products.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Specialist - Spectroscopy we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant scientific degree qualification, such as a BSc in Analytical Chemistry, with a focus on either Molecular or Elemental Spectroscopy.
2. You will ideally have proficiency in the use of the following techniques:-
Elemental Spectroscopy: ICP-OES, ICP-MS, EDX, and AA
Molecular Spectroscopy FTIR, UV-VIS, and RF
Total Organic Carbon
3. Candidates with previous experience in a Technical Sales position or commercial / sales experience is highly desirable.
4 You must hold a clean UK driving licence and be willing to travel.
Key Words: Analytical Instrumentation | Elemental Spectroscopy | Molecular Spectroscopy | Sales | Technical Support
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.