CK Group are recruiting for a highly motivated lab-based Molecular Microbiologist to join a leading biotechnological company in Newcastle.Company:
A newly formed biotechnology organisation focused on building a biological and digital platform for biological assets. They have state-of-the-art microbial engineering facilities (including automation equipment), which the successful candidate will help expand in order to advance internal R&D activities. The Role:
- Developing and implementing experimental research on anaerobic microbes, focusing on genetic manipulation and product development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within a fast paced environment and with partners to integrate experimental findings.
- Design and implement innovative experimental protocols.
- Identifying emerging trends and tools in engineering biology and stay updated within the field
- Analyse and interpret complex biological data.
- Contribute to scientific papers and patent applications.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Synthetic Biology or related fields.
- Extensive experience in microbiology, and ideally with Clostridium or related anaerobic species.
- Proficiency in genetic engineering techniques.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56494 in all correspondence.