We are currently looking for a Research and Application Specialist to join an exciting Biotechnology start-up based in the Edinburgh area. As the Field Application Specialist you will demonstrate new technology for labs, provide customer support including travelling to customer sites and troubleshoot equipment problems as part of a multidisciplinary bioscience team.
This role will prioritise up to 70% time for internal lab/ office based work and up to 30% travel, including overnight when required. Travelling will be project- dependent.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research and Application Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will participate in collaborator and internal projects aiming to generate biologically relevant data demonstrating the technological capabilities. This includes; experimental work, data analysis, report and presentation writing.
2. The Research and Applications Specialist will provide pre-sales support and training of the company's technology platforms to collaborators/customers, strategics as well as responsiveness toward future prospect partners' and/or investors' analyst teams.
3. You will also serve as a hyper-care point of contact for ring-fenced collaborators at first, followed by selected customers. It will be crucial to be the technical expert to translate customer pain points into requirements communicated internally to the relevant teams (bioscience, engineering, analytics's, quality assurance).
4. Another duty will be to behave as a role model, embracing & personifying company values in full accordance with the company's guidance and policies in place whilst applying strong situational leadership skills.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research and Application Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree within life sciences (e.g., biological sciences, biomedical sciences, biology etc).
2. Proven industry experience in a customer facing role, specifically in the life sciences industry.
3. It is beneficial to have knowledge of cell-based culture and analysis platforms and associated data interpretation/statistical analysis such as flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR.
Key Words: Research and Application Specialist | Biotechnology | Cell Culture | Spectroscopy | GLP | GMP | Cell Analysis | Application Specialist | Bioreactor | Technical Expert | Customer Support | Laboratory |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.