We are currently looking for a Field Application Specialist to join an exciting start up Biotechnology company based in Edinburgh. As the Field Application Specialist you will demonstrate new technology for labs, provide customer support including travelling to customer sites and troubleshoot equipment problems as part of a multidisciplinary bioscience team.
This role has a blend of remote meetings along with travel (up to 70%) and on-site work, including reporting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Field Application Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Field Application Specialist you will actively support collaborators and customers as a first point of contact in the field on the company's technology. You will also triage customer issues as they arise after implementation using a team based approach.
2. You will participate in collaborator projects aiming to generate biologically relevant data demonstrating the businesses technology's capabilities.
3. Another duty will be to be the technical expert to translate customer pain points into requirements communicated internally to the relevant teams (bioscience, engineering, analytics's, quality assurance).
4. You will provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstration/training of our instrument(s) and software.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Field Application Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and industry experience in life sciences (e.g., biological sciences, biomedical science) is required.
2. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with bioreactor operations & experience in GLP/GMP/ISO standards.
3. It will be beneficial to have knowledge of cell-based culture and analysis platforms and associated data interpretation/statistical analysis such as flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR.
Key Words: Field Application Specialist | FAS | Biotechnology | Cell Culture | Spectroscopy | GLP | GMP | Cell Analysis | Application Specialist | Bioreactor | Technical Expert | Customer Support |