QC Laboratory Technician required on a permanent basis, based in South Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar) with strong wet chemistry skills preferred. Recent graduates within a science discipline are encouraged to apply. Title: QC Laboratory TechnicianLocation: South YorkshireSalary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependent on experience)Term: Permanent
SRG are currently working with a successful, family-run business that develop and manufacture a range of industrial coating and lubricant products. Based in South Yorkshire, they are now looking to hire a new QC Laboratory Technician to join their Quality team due to a recent internal promotion. This role will focus on carrying out the testing and analysis of a wide range of carbon products and related materials, ensuring that raw material and finished products meet required specifications. Recent graduates within a scientific discipline (Chemistry preferred, but forensic science graduates and similar will be considered) are encouraged to apply. Alternatively, this role will suit candidates that have proven industrial experience of wet chemistry analysis.Benefits: You will be joining a family-run company offering an opportunity to make a real impact within in a thriving sector. Working hours of 7:30am - 3:45pm Mondays-Thursdays and 7:30am-2:30pm on Fridays. Company bonus and subsidised on-site canteen. Full training can be provided. Role / Description
- Routine analysis of raw materials and finished products using a widerangeofanalytical equipment and test methods
- particle size analysis, XRD, solids content, density, ash content, viscosity, pH, TGA, BET, SEM/EDX
- Accepting or rejecting materials based on documented specifications and raising non-compliance reports
- Preparation of samples for use in laboratory analysis, R&D or as finished goods samples for customers
- Working to strict quality protocols using standard laboratory practices and SOPs
- Reporting of work in a timely and accurate manner
- Administrative duties e.g., receiving of deliveries and production data entry
- General maintenance of laboratory areas and equipment
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 526 1898.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
- Degree preferred in Chemistry (or similar)
- Experience of wet chemistry analysis is desirable but not essential
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients. Keywords: Chemistry, laboratory, QC, analysis, analytical, physical chemistry, testing, chemicals, additives, lubricants, adhesives, aerosol, coatings, building materials, automotive, viscosity, density, karl fischer, product testing, product development, pH, wet chemistry
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.