Transfer Station Operations ManagerLocation:
SRG are working with a leading waste management and recycling company who have a long and successful history of supporting the UK chemical industry. They are now looking for a Transfer Station Operations Manager
to join the team in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations the Transfer Station, giving maximum priority to Safety, Health and Environmental goals, analyse and improve operational efficiencies, whilst maximising financial performance to develop and deliver customer service excellence for clients.Benefits: 37.5 working hours per week Monday - Friday, 7:30am til 4:00pm, 21 days holiday + statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme, enhanced sick pay, cycle to work, PPE provided, and company discounts at retailers. Accountabilities
- Lead, develop and improve the health, safety and environmental culture through incident reduction.
- To drive operational excellence of the site in compliance with its permit, licence, and any other legal requirements.
- Deliver customer service excellence through ensuring capacity to accept waste deliveries in line with Transport SLA, whilst reviewing and deciding on disposal routes to deliver profitability.
- Review the site bookings ensuring that the site has sufficient capacity, labour and resources to meet the requirements, immediately highlighting any potential failings to the Site Manager.
- Ensure the site is operating efficiently by removing as many non-value adding activities as possible, speeding up the process.
- Control costs for disposal, consumables, labour, maintenance and sundries on site to ensure the site meets its budgetary requirements set out in the monthly P&L review and KPIs.
- Manage human resource to maximise performance, carry out line management functions relating to personnel issues.
- Ensuring work schedules are assigned and specific duties are resourced. Establish and implement departmental processes, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Drive the cultural transformation necessary to champion a team-based work environment where operator input is valued and suggestions are evaluated and implemented.
- Manage team to ensure Transport are viewed as a customer, to ensure all deliveries and outbound loads are dealt with efficiently and effectively, with proactive communication with drivers and transport planner.
- Track, analyse, report and present on all KPI, trends and within scope of Transfer Station deliverables.
- Participate in the development of new projects to be launched, and lead project implementation.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Annie on +44 (0)161 868 2254. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
- Min HNC Chemistry qualification- proficient in laboratory analytical techniques and interpretation desired.
- COTC level 4 in managing hazardous treatment and transfer operations desired.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Experience of working within the Hazardous Waste industry.
- Relevant professional experience managing a mixed skills team in a busy demanding environment.
- Preparation of risk assessments & method statements.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste legislation.
- Have a working understanding of ISO 9001,14001 & 18001.
- Strong relationship management, leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to relate to and earn respect from workers with varying backgrounds.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.Keywords: hazardous waste, waste management, supervisory, supervisor, team leader, HND, site chemist, degree, chemical, chemistry, H&S, health and safety, leadership, IOSH, NEBOSH, WAMITAB
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.