Senior Operations ManagerLocation:
SRG are working with a leading waste management and recycling company who have a long and successful history of supporting the UK chemical industry. They are now looking for a Senior Operations Manager
to join the team in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all facilities on site, giving maximum priority to Safety, Health and Environmental goals, analyse and improve operational efficiencies, whilst maximising financial performance to develop and deliver customer service excellence for clients.Benefits: 37.5 working hours per week Monday - Friday, 7:30am til 4:00pm, 21 days holiday + statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme, enhanced sick pay, cycle to work, PPE provided, and company discounts at retailers. Accountabilities
- Lead, develop and improve the health, safety and environmental culture through incident reduction.
- Focus on process and human safety by implementing and monitoring adherence to rules and lead indicators in line with the balanced business plan, tracking individual performance targets.
- Drive operational excellence of the site in compliance with its permit, site licence, discharge consent and any other legal requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service through reviewing and deciding on treatment methods, ensuring bulk and packaged goods sales enquiries are processed and quoted to the customer in line with KPIs.
- Review site bookings ensuring that the site has sufficient capacity, labour and resources to meet the requirements.
- Ensure the site is operating efficiently by removing as many non-value adding activities as possible, speeding up the process.
- Control depot financial performance and carry out reporting as required for financial review.
- Control costs for activities on site to ensure the site meets its budgetary requirements set out in the monthly P&L review and KPIs, to over-achieve the site's annual fiscal budget year on year.
- Manage human resource to maximise performance, carry out line management functions relating to personnel issues.
- Ensure work schedules are assigned and specific duties are resourced.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Liaise and confer with Site Manager and other team/staff members as necessary.
- Drive a culture of growth and continuous improvement through engagement with workforce, continuous feedback loop with reports, management of standards at individual and site level, and through championing development of employees through training and experience.
- Participate in the development of new projects to be launched, and lead project implementation, as requested.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
- Min HNC Chemistry qualification- proficient in laboratory analytical techniques and interpretation desired.
- COTC level 4 in managing hazardous treatment and transfer operations.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Experience of working within the Hazardous Waste industry.
- Relevant professional experience managing a mixed skills team in a busy demanding environment.
- Preparation of risk assessments & method statements.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste legislation.
- Have a working understanding of ISO 9001,14001 & 18001.
- Strong relationship management, leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to relate to and earn respect from workers with varying backgrounds.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.Keywords: hazardous waste, waste management, supervisory, supervisor, team leader, HND, site chemist, degree, chemical, chemistry, H&S, health and safety, leadership, IOSH, NEBOSH, WAMITAB
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.