CK Group are recruiting for a R&D Electrochemist to join a chemistry company at their site based near Oxford on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
Our client is an innovative chemistry company who work with partners to transform breakthrough ideas in materials research into new products for clean technology and transport. With over 20 years' cutting-edge chemistry and materials research, they are experienced in bringing advanced materials to market.
They now have an opportunity for an R&D Electrochemist to join their dynamic team of scientists and commercial experts. A rapidly growing organisation, you will have the opportunity to drive the development of their R&D programs.
The Electrochemist will work in a fast-paced team environment and this role would suit a pragmatic, enthusiastic scientist with excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail.
This role is predominantly laboratory-based. The company offers a salary in the range of £40,000 - £48,000 depending on experience as well as pension, death in service benefit, income protection scheme and 25 days holiday.Location:
The R&D Electrochemist will be based at the company's site near Oxford.Your main duties will be to:
- Developing electrochemical test methods for evaluating novel membrane materials.
- Electrochemical testing of novel membrane materials and benchmarking to state-of-the-art commercial materials.
- Working with management to enhance internal testing capability by identification of new equipment and processes.
- Working with the R&D team in new product development and research projects.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry with 3 years industry experience or PhD in chemistry.
- Practical experience with designing, running and interpreting electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of electrochemical testing and interpretation of results.
- Ability to plan and manage own work streams as well as working as part of a team.
- Excellent general analytical skills.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56354 in all correspondence.