Job title: Postdoctoral researcher (Computational Chemistry)Location: Bracknell, Berkshire.12-month FTC.£21.90 p/h
SRG are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work with a global agrochemical company based outside Bracknell. In your new role, you would be responsible for supporting the design of new active ingredients, using advanced computational chemistry techniques. Providing inputs to support chemical invention.
This role would be perfect for someone with demonstrated expertise in cheminformatics or computational chemistry, educated to a PhD level. Practical programming and data science skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support design of new active ingredients by using computational techniques that could include data analysis and predictive modelling, molecular modelling, structure and ligand- based design.
- Work with chemists, computational chemists, biologists and other experts to devise strategies on how best to use data and provide design inputs to support chemical invention.
- Work with computational chemistry colleagues across R&D to drive technology development and promote the use of state-of-the art methods.
To apply click the link or send your CV
- Demonstrate expertise in computational chemistry or cheminformatics.
- Understanding of organic chemistry and chemical structure
- Practical programming and data science skills to support computational chemistry tasks e.g. Python, shell scripting, high performance computing, pipelining tools, databases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in an industrial drug discovery environment would be a plus.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.