We're currently looking for a Laboratory Support Manager join a leading Laboratory Testing business based in the Yorkshire region. As the Laboratory Support Manager you will be a responsible for ensuring that the lab has all the equipment & consumables it needs to effectively operate successfully, as well as the following:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Support Manager will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage purchasing and stock control processes, including the negotiation of discounts or rebates for laboratory consumables or equipment.
• Ensure effective maintenance and service plans are in place for the laboratory equipment, as well as coordinating and monitoring external service engineers to ensure limited equipment or instrumentation down time during service visits or breakdowns etc.
• Act as the primary contact for general laboratory equipment malfunctions or errors, providing quick and effective resolutions for troubleshooting.
• Responsible for arranging and negotiating service contracts for laboratory equipment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Support Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and history:
• Experience within a similar Laboratory Support function with experience of negotiations.
• Knowledge of working with Maintenance or Service providers for Laboratory operations.
• Experience working within a GLP environment.
Key Words: GLP, Laboratory Manager, Procurement, Negotiating, Service contract, Laboratory Consumables
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.