CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Chemical Engineer to join a small start-up team to focus on the design and scale up of systems that improve their overall performance in adsorbing/desorbing water vapor. The company is currently working on technologies in the fields of atmospheric water harvesting and CO2 capture.
Location: Irvine, California
Contract type: Full-time, permanent position
Salary: $130.000 - $150.000pa base
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with and report to the head of Product Engineering to achieve the department goals of scaling up commercial-grade MOF/COF-based atmospheric water harvesting technology.
• Collaborate closely with R&D scientists to process the technical and functional specifications of MOF/COFs coming out of the R&D
• Responsible for the system-level design and development of the heat management system, including optimization of heat exchangers, thermal storage, optimization of fluids transfer, pumps, fans, and filters that will operate on the MOF/COFs.
• Design, plan and scale up the technologies from prototype stage to commercial stage
• Help set up the QC/QA processes and procedures for production
• Perform periodic reporting to management and participate in technical meetings.
• PhD in chemical engineering or similar field from an accredited institution, along with a demonstrated record of achievement in research
• Industry experience in CO2, vacuum systems, and adsorption/desorption
• Strong understanding of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
• Post academic experience in research or industry.
Entitlement to work in the US is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Chemical Engineer position, please contact the US team on +1 (617) 6922948 or USA@ckscience.com.