At the RSC we embrace flexibility and offer hybrid working, which means our teams come together when they need to collaborate.
Although this role is contractually based at our Cambridge office, you will be able to work from home within the UK, with the expectation that you will attend the office as needed for your role.
This is a great opportunity to join our Journals administration team in the role of Publishing Assistant, Journals. Your role would be to provide excellent customer service through the provision of administrative support for our journals. Working within a large team, this role involves dealing with queries from scientists around the world, and helping them to submit their manuscripts to the large portfolio of journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
In this role it is expected that you will attend the office on an ad-hoc basis. If you need flexible working arrangements, please outline this in your application.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- administrative duties associated with the processing of articles submitted and published in our journals;
- daily correspondence with authors, reviewers and publishing staff;
- accurate record keeping of article workflow using management systems;
- collaboration with other Publishing Assistants and journals teams to ensure the smooth running of the department.
We are looking for:
- previous administration experience is required;
- efficient and competent in the use of software packages associated with PCs;
- good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- good attention to detail;
- good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential;
- ability to work well in a team;
- Experience of a database tracking system is desirable.
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports development and offers excellent benefits.
At the RSC, we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply. We particularly encourage applications from disabled and ethnic minority candidates.
As a part of the Disability Confident Scheme, we endeavour, where possible, to offer an interview to candidates meeting the essential criteria of the role, who has a substantial physical/mental impairment which impacts their ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
We are committed to making our recruitment processes accessible to all and as part of this, we are flexible in the ways we give and receive information. If you would like to apply using a different format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 1223 432229 and we will do our best to put any reasonable adjustments in place.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the job description here.