CK Group are recruiting for a Petrochemicals Chemist to join a contract testing company at their site based near Grimsby, on a full time permanent basis. Location:
North East Lincolnshire, UKPetrochemicals Chemist Role
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform analysis in accordance with ASTM, IP and other prescribed / in-house methodology using a range of instrumental and physical testing techniques for all Oil and Petrochemical commodities, from Crude Oil through Petroleum Products and Chemicals to Petroleum Gases.
- Draw samples from various locations such as Refineries, Storage Terminals, Marine Tankers, and Road Vehicles, as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor for the purposes of analysis or sample dispatch requirements, in strict accordance with relevant IP / ASTM / ISO / API or internal procedures.
- To perform all duties in accordance with client requirements as well as Industry standards.
- To ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with all company and third-party site HSE requirements.
- To produce final Certificates of Quality from either manual or computerised systems in accordance with the client’s instructions, and company guidelines.
- To perform basic periodic calibrations of laboratory instruments, internally or externally.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- A-Level (or equivalent) in Chemistry or another science
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C and above.
- Full clean manual driving licence.
- Computer literate, in particular Word and Excel.
- Be prepared to work unsocial and unscheduled hours including weekends and Bank Holidays in line with shipping movements which are 24/7-365 days a year.
- Be comfortable with the physical demands of the job, including being prepared to work outdoors, at heights and in confined spaces.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56302 in all correspondence.