We are currently looking for a Lead Analytical Scientist to join a leading medical device testing company based in the Kent area. As the Lead Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for looking over the lab function to make sure quality and projects are aligned with client specifications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Analytical Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead and train more junior members of staff in ISO guidelines and plan day to day activities.
2. You will perform GCMSD, GPLC-UV/MS, and interpret data, chromatograms interpretation, method validation, and method development, and ensure maintenance on analytical instruments.
3. You will be responsible for leading the analytical testing within the department with a focus on chemical characterisation on medical devices: extractables, breathing devices, and degration studies.
4. You will effectively communicate results with clients, ensure the lab is complaint with quality guidelines and the QMS in place, and maximize effectiveness and output.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Analytical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an chemistry, engineering or physics related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in a medical devices company and understanding of ISO regulations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leading a small team.
Key Words: | Engineering | GMP | ISO 17025 | ISO | Pharmaceutical | Medical Device | Design Engineer | MS | Chromatography | Senior | Analytical | Protocols | Method Development | Method Validation | Leadership
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.