CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Formulation Chemist to join a manufacturing company at their site based in Liverpool on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
Our client is a well-established, family-owned manufacturer of specialty products comprising industrial lubricants and related chemical goods. Their products are high quality and high value. They have been in business for many years, and are a dynamic, agile and fast paced company displaying impressive figures. They are now looking for an experienced formulation chemist to join their team which is available due to succession planning and internal movements. Reporting to the Technical Manager, this person will develop formulations and products within selected sectors and will provide technical support to key customers and other departments internally. The company are looking to recruit the best; someone who is excited by the chemistry and who is interested in developing something brand new. The successful candidate will have proven industry experience already gained in a relevant sector such as lubricants, additives, coatings etc. This is a fully lab-based bench role and the successful candidate will be happy liaising with plant staff in regards to scale up. The company offers a generous salary, as well as benefits including pension scheme, bonus scheme, 26 days' holiday plus bank holidays, death in service benefit and more. Location:
The Senior Development Chemist will be based at the company's site in Liverpool, easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Warrington, Chester, Wirral, Runcorn, Widnes, Ormskirk, St Helens.Senior Formulation Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Identify formulations to improve performance, reduce cost and/ or provide competitive advantage
- Conduct product testing to critically evaluate candidate formulations, using both internal equipment and through third party partners
- Interpret test results and data to progress projects efficiently and effectively
- Develop new test methods to support product development against specific applications
- Resolve technical issues using structured approaches to problem solving and innovative thinking
- Manage individual projects through to fruition including supervision of plant trials and ongoing manufacturing support as necessary
- Drive continuous improvement using appropriate business tools and techniques
- Maintain a solid understanding of chemical regulatory requirements, plus laboratory and manufacturing safety and environmental standards.
- Support Commercial colleagues in discussions and relationships with customers, including response to requests for Technical Support
- Represent the company at Technical and other seminars, including delivery of presentations, papers, etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industrial experience of formulating and developing lubricants, additives and/ or coatings - essential
- BSc, MSc or PhD qualified in Chemistry
- Familiar liaising with production and manufacturing relating to scale up
- Experience with Customer Technical Support would be advantageous
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Fluent in English
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56253 in all correspondence.