We are currently looking for a 24/7 Maintenance Engineer to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the 24/7 Shift Engineer you will be responsible for a wide range of maintenance engineering activities throughout our production footprint. You will take part and accountability for maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities. With the aim of improving equipment reliability and ensuring minimal equipment downtime.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the 24/7 Maintenance Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the 24/7 Maintenance Engineer you will drive improvements across the maintenance team to improve efficiency, hold high standards of 5S, eliminating or reducing waste and/or non-value add activities. This gives you the opportunity to actively participating in upgrading and improving equipment or engaging in projects.
2. You will support maintenance incidents, you will effectively engage problem solving and lean manufacturing techniques. Identifying the true root cause of the issue and implement the corrective actions.
3. As the 24/7 Maintenance Engineer you will complete important documentation, including highlighting errors or bad practices and making suggestions for improvements. Leading the progression of documentation (e.g. Change Controls, Validation documents, etc) through to completion.
4. You will utilise external resource where appropriate, you will acquire services/components. Generating, completing (with approvals) the appropriate documentation (e.g. Purchase Orders, spares requests, quotations, etc).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the 24/7 Maintenance Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree/Apprenticeship in a Engineering discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in a manufacturing environment, within a Pharmaceutical company would be desirable but not essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience as a multi skilled engineer, with a good understanding of maintenance of production equipment.
Key Words: Engineer, Maintenance, Engineering, Shift, Multi Skilled, Electrical, Mechanical, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Production, Wiltshire.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.