Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The R&D team in Church Stretton, England is part of the Agilent Chemistries and Supplies Division and focuses on developing polymeric particles in the fields of chromatography, clinical diagnostics and pharmaceutical applications.
As an R&D Scientist, your main responsibilities will be:
• Lead and support the design and development of new and innovative polymeric beads or polymeric surfaces to create consumables for liquid chromatography, clinical diagnostics and biopharma applications
• Perform hands-on organic and/or polymer synthesis, modification and/or functionalization on lab scale
• Conduct lab work in a safe working environment, following all EHS regulations, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Properly document experimental work to allow the efficient recovery of experimental data. Maintain appropriate electronic laboratory notebooks to record all experimental details and results.
• Prepare technical presentations, reports and summaries. Periodically present work to teams and management
• Perform analytical and materials characterization techniques to understand and optimize synthetic processes
• Transfer technology from the R&D lab to manufacturing (from production of lab prototypes to a reproducible and economical, large scale production process)
• Participate and support intellectual property/patent fillings applications
• Work closely with the local R&D and Manufacturing team as well as with the global R&D team within the organization.
We are looking for a motivated individual with the following background:
• PhD or Master Degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Sciences or related field
• Significant hands-on experience with organic and/or polymer synthesis, modification, functionalisation and application.
• Proficiency in analytical characterization of polymers or materials
• A track record of scientific publications, innovation and intellectual property development would be preferred
• Ability to document experimental work and prepare presentations, technical reports, summaries, procedures and protocols
On a personal level, you are agile, able to adapt to different working methods/environments, and you show good problem solving skills. You also have great communication skills to interact with both internal and external partners. You enjoy both working within a team and autonomously. Finally, you are capable of taking ownership and leading a variety of projects.
What we offer
• Outstanding company culture
• Career development opportunities
• Company pension scheme, yearly company bonus, private health care, stock purchase plan, medical & life insurance…
• A position within an international organisation, offering a dynamic working environment, with exciting challenges and opportunities
You will become part of a company that works according to these values:
We move life sciences and diagnostics forward, care about the needs of our customers and strive to ensure people are treated consistently, fairly and with respect. We deliver effective life science and diagnostic solutions valued by our customers.
We will make sure you get all the training and development opportunities you need to become the best in your field!
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
10% of the Time
No End Date