CK Group is recruiting for an R&D Chemist to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Kidderminster, on a full time, permanent basis.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000+ DOE
As an R&D chemist you will be responsible for leading the development, scale-up and launch of new structural adhesive products to support the growth of the EMEA business. This role will involve hands-on laboratory work covering polymer synthesis, product characterization and application testing.
Responsibilities of this R&D Chemist will include:
- Leading NPD projects, including formulation, testing and scale up validation
- Presenting NPD and PM ideas and opportunities for consideration by business.
- Supporting the R&D Manager in meeting departmental objectives.
- Providing technical support to the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Maintaining COSHH and other HSE required documentation and records.
- Keeping up to date with, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
As an R&D Chemist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree (BSc or MSc) with industrial experience in R&D projects in high performance adhesives.
- At Least 2 years Experience in polymer or material science and/or experience of adhesives and sealant products
- Experience in 1K and 2K Polyurethane chemistry
- Someone who is flexible, a self-starter, organised and has the ability to work and plan projects are essential attributes.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Oliver Parry at 01246457723, or via email at email@example.com, quoting job reference 56240 in all correspondence.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.