CK Group is recruiting for an R&D Chemist to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Kidderminster, on a full time, permanent basis.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
As an R&D chemist you will be responsible for leading the development, scale-up and launch of new structural adhesive products to support the growth of the EMEA business. This role will involve hands-on laboratory work covering polymer synthesis, product characterization and application testing.
Responsibilities of this R&D Chemist will include:
- Leading NPD projects, including formulation, testing and scale up validation
- Presenting NPD and PM ideas and opportunities for consideration by business.
- Supporting the R&D Manager in meeting departmental objectives.
- Providing technical support to the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Maintaining COSHH and other HSE required documentation and records.
- Keeping up to date with, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
As an R&D Chemist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2:1 or 1st Class Degree in (MChem, BSc or MSc) in Chemistry.
- Academic Experience in polymer or material science and/or experience of adhesives and sealant products is desirable.
- Someone who is flexible, a self-starter, organised and has the ability to work and plan projects are essential attributes.
For more information or to apply for this R&D Chemist position, please contact Oliver Parry on 01246 457723, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 56288.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.