We are currently looking for a Downstream Process Scientist to join a leading CDMO based in the Kent area. As the Downstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for taking a scientific lead in tasks and projects in Downstream Process Development and implement technical strategy to meet objectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the development of R&Ds technical platform within the Downstream space, work on customer projects for large scale manufacture.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will apply your knowledge and experience using protein purification techniques such as chromatography using AKTA, SEC, cell lysis, and protein extraction, as well as analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE and functional activity assays.
2. You will act as the subject matter expert working hands-on in the laboratory supporting R&Ds technical platform capabilities within the Downstream area.
3. You will collaborate with Upstream, Analytical, Project Managers, and Tech Transfer teams to ensure timely completion of deliverables
4. As the Downstream Process Scientist you will support Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and compliance per ISO14001, and use scientific literature to contribute to project plans and presentations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant life science field such as Biochemistry/Engineering/bioscience
2. Proven industry experience in a Downstream Processing position in a fermentation-based CDMO/Pharmaceutical environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience running Downstream and Analytical equipment, with expertise in AKTA systems, and analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE and functional activity assays.
Key Words: Downstream | Downstream Process Development | Downstream Scientist | DSP | AKTA | Protein Purification | Purification | Cell Lysis | Chromatography | Ultrafiltration | Diafiltration | SDS-PAGE | Function assays | Protein Concentration| SEC | Affinity | Manufacturing | CMO | CDMO | Pharmaceutical | Product Development | EMS | QMS | Biochemistry | Bioprocessing | Fermentation | Bioprocess |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.