We are currently looking for a Analytical Characterisation Team Leader to join a leading Biologics Manufacturing company based in the North East of England. As the Analytical Characterisation Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a team working of varied portfolio projects and products including viral vectors, monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and microbial therapeutics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Scientists with experience manage teams to take on more responsibility and work in a diverse multidisciplinary team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Characterisation Team Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will act as the SME and technical lead on a variety of projects, and perform analytical characterisation of biopharmaceuticals as well as analytical method development studies on biological molecules.
2. You will apply your knowledge with analytical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, Mass Spec, CE-SDS, ELISA, ddPCR and others to further delivery of projects for a range of product types (AAVs, mAbs, recombinant proteins)
3. You will take an active role line managing a small team being responsible for their training and overall career development and providing insights into areas of specialism.
4. As the Analytical Characterisation Team Leader you will utilise your expert knowledge to assist in business strategy, identify new technical developments, and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Characterisation Team Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific / engineering discipline
2. Proven industry experience working in a senior position where you've managed teams in a biologics / biopharmaceutical environment
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques for biological characterisation such as Mass Spectrometry, HPLC/UPLC, CE-SDS, qPCR, ddPCR, SDS-PAGE, DLS, cIEF.
Key Words: Biologics | Analytical | HPLC | UPLC | Biopharmaceutical | Manufacturing | Characterisation | Analytics | Protein Characterisation | Team Lead | Team Leader | Antibodies | Recombinant Proteins | Analytical Characterisation | Bioprocess | GMP | Mammalian | Midlands | Team Leader | Senior Scientist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.