CK Group are recruiting for a Research and Development Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based near Stafford on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
Our client is a family-owned, independent manufacturer of adhesives and related products. They provide innovative solutions for the commercial market and their extensive knowledge of polymer chemistry enables them to be an effective solution for roofing system suppliers and manufacturers. They are now seeking a driven individual to work within their growing R&D team. The role will principally be to develop and modify new formulations for adhesive solutions, and as a key member of the dynamic team, you will report and work directly with the Technical Director. As a fast-growing independent manufacturer there is scope for further progression within the organisation. The company offers a salary in the range of £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience, 23 days' holiday (plus bank holidays) with further long service days, bonus scheme, pension scheme and free on-site parking. Location:
The R&D Chemist will be based at the company's site near Stafford, easily commutable from Stoke, Telford, Uttoxeter, Stone, Burton and Cannock.Formulation Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Manage projects for the development and manufacture of new formulations for adhesives, primers, sealants, and coatings.
- Develop an understanding of the application of products within the construction industry and test and evaluate their performance to meet national and international standards.
- Provide technical solutions to challenging problems.
- Work directly with the sales team and customers to provide ideal solutions for all parties.
- Work with production departments to implement new formulations into manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Chemical-based degree or equivalent - strongly preferred
- Proven industry experience in developing and formulating adhesives - essential
- Experience in project management and product formulation, preferably in adhesives or coatings
- Knowledge and understanding of formulating polyurethane based systems would be an advantage
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56227 in all correspondence.