We are currently looking for an immediate start for a Business Development Manager to join a growing life sciences consultancy covering the South East of England.
Our client provides clients with solutions to support their regulatory affairs operations and strategy. We support companies in ensuring regulatory compliance across the globe by providing a team of experts who understand the regulations and can leverage this knowledge to assist our clients in their day to day operations.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated, and analytical Business Development Manager who is knowledgeable about the life sciences landscape, specifically regulatory affairs. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for scaling growth and marketing initiatives, setting priorities, and ensuring all processes are trending up over time. Candidates must be willing to work in a fast-paced, growth-stage environment and thrive in a role that requires strategic thinking and creative problem-solving.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Business Development Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Generates and qualifies sales leads/enquiries from existing customer base. Converts priority leads to active sales programs.
2. Leads and implements a Key Account Management ethos across site in the management of Customer Relationships using CRM as a tool. Plans, schedules and executes an agreed sales plan.
3. Negotiate ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers. Review contracts and make recommendations on commerciality.
4. Develop collaborative working relationships with functional peers in the organization in pursuit of the company's overall business goals. Leverage cross-functional resources, the company's regulatory and technical expertise into deal discussion with new and existing clients.
5. Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry, including industry trends, best practices, business processes, industry financial measurements, performance indicators, and key competitors. Work with the management team on researching target opportunities and writing business proposals for both services and technology. Develop and manage existing client relationships grow and expand these relationships based on revenue targets for each account.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Business Development Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. SIgnificant experience in life sciences business development, including a successful track record of closing deals and partnerships. Experience in consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the client's needs.
2. Experience in high-pressure roles where deadlines and bottom lines are the measure of success and heavy burdens of responsibility are the norm
3. Demonstration of analytical rigor with the ability to quantitively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives. Exemplary project management, negotiation, market research, and typically marketing skills.
Key Words: Business Development Manager | Regulatory Affairs | Life Sciences | Pharmaceutical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.