We are currently looking for a Protein Scientist - Crystallography to join a leading, global Drug Discovery CRO that focus on both Small Molecular and Large Molecule drug discovery. This position could be based from their Cambridge site of their North of London site.
As the Protein Scientist - Crystallography you will work in a dynamic and driven, cross-functional team investigating a range of therapeutic disease targets and modalities.
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months but could be extended depending on performance in the role and project requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Scientist - Crystallography will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, Develop and execute high quality lab-based experiments where you will independently develop rational experiments and troubleshoot as required.
2. Lead on Projects and act as key client contact.
3. Responsible for protein expression, purification, characterisation and crystallisation.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Scientist - Crystallography we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Protein Chemistry or related field in addition to further industry or academic experience.
2. Proven industry experience in Protein Production including, construct design; Protein expression using a range of expression systems (e.g. E.coli, insect Cells, mammalian and/or Yeast); Protein Purification using a range of Chromatography techniques and protein characterisation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Crystallisation using both wide screens and targeted screens.
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Protein Scientist | Protein Science | Protein Expression | Protein Purification | Protein Characterisation | Protein Biochemistry | Biophysical | Crystallisation | Crystallography | Crystallographic | Chromatography | HPLC | UPLC | SEX | Ion Exchange | E.coli | Mammalian Expression |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.