CK Group are recruiting for a General Assistant to join a Biotechnology company at their site based near Abingdon, on an initial 5 week contract.
A degree is not necessary for this role, you may not be considered for this position if you are degree qualified
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering biotech company looking to tackling the major global challenges of keeping people healthy and increasing food production.
Purpose of the Job:
To support the team developing a current project. As a General Assistant you will play a key role within the R&D department by ensuring all laboratory and rearing equipment is cleaned and well maintained, ready for use by the technical team. In addition, you will be responsible for helping to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Cleaning and storing of laboratory and insect rearing equipment;
- Keeping the laboratories clean and well maintained, by regularly cleaning floors and surfaces;
- Ensuring laboratory waste is properly decontaminated and disposed of;
- Ensuring timely delivery and collection of lab coats sent for laundry;
- Regularly defrosting the fridges and freezers;
- Managing stocks of chemicals and solutions commonly used by the technical team;
- Adhering to all relevant H&S, COSHH, biosafety and biocontainment requirements.
Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements:
- Educated to at least GCSE level, minimum grade C in English and Maths;
- Previous experience in a scientific or industry-based company is desirable;
- Must be diligent and organised;
- Able to work independently;
- Have good communication skills;
- An understanding of H&S associated with laboratory environments such as COSHH and Risk Assessments.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact the science contracts team on 0191 3848906 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job reference 56090 in all correspondence.