We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join a leading Life Sciences organisation based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible to co-ordinate and support the business on all aspects with regards to health and safety to prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illness in the workplace.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Officer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety
and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting. You will also co-ordinate the collaborative cross function safety champions and ensure actions and responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
2. The Health and Safety Officer will ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations as well as ensure that all accidents, near misses, and observations are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented.
3. Another duty will be to establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections to ensure audits and checks are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk
assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities and obligations.
4. It will be crucial to establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the company, ensuring that complete and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
5. You will keep up to date with, and maintain a working knowledge of all aspects pertaining to health,
safety, and welfare at work legislation (including HSE requirements) and communicate
relevant changes to the business as required and appropriate.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Officer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. As the successful candidate you will ideally posses Health and Safety certification, such as NEBOSH Diploma (or General certificate working towards diploma), IOSH Managing Safely or COSHH Assessor. You will have previous experience working within a similar highly regulated environment, such as Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Medical Device or similar.
2. We are primarily looking for someone with recent and relevant experience in a similar role as well as experience in formulating, implementing, and revising Health and Safety strategy, policies and procedures.
3. The Health and Safety Officer will also have experience in providing legally compliant advice to managers/supervisors and the responsibility of undertaking Health and Safety investigations.
Key Words: Health & Safety | Officer | Risk Assessment | Audits | Welfare | Equipment | Training | Legislation | Management | NEBOSH | COSHH | IOSH |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.