We are currently looking for a Senior Histopathologist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Histopathologist you will be responsible for leading the entire Clinical Histology laboratory, whilst ensuring a variety of routing and specialised histology techniques and procedures are met to a high standard.
This is a great opportunity for a scientist to transition from the public clinical sector, and step into a innovative biotechnology company with huge opportunities to grow whilst contributing to early stage cancer research.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Histopathologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the performance of routine and non-routine activities involved in handling, cutting, and distribution of tissue slides for microscopic evaluation either manually or automated in accordance to SOPs.
2. You will regularly troubleshoot and resolve histology related inquiries ensuring the production of the highest quality of embedding, microtomy, tissue grossing, tissue processing H&E staining, stays consistent to the company's demands.
3. You will perform validation tests throughout the set-up of the department and adhere to laboratory Quality Control policies, whilst identifying and raising problems that may affect test performance.
4. You will lead and train, mentor, and develop junior members of the team, ensuring appropriate guidance needs are met to enhance overall productivity.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Histopathologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc degree in a scientific related field such as Biomedical Science, Biology etc. You'll need to be HCPC registered.
2. Proven experience working in a clinical laboratory environment where you have worked in a histology laboratory, and had responsibility over junior staff members.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with tissue staining, grossing, and processing within a clinical environment.
Key Words: Histology | Clinical | Biomedical Science | Biomedical | BMS | Biotechnology | Biotech | Cambridgeshire | Cambridge | Senior Scientist | Histologist | BSc | MSc | Tissue Staining | Tissue Grossing | Microtomy | Immunohistochemistry | SOP | NHS | QC | Quality Control | Pharma | Cancer Research | Histopathology | HCPC | H&E staining | Tissue Processing | Leadership | Senior
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.