We are currently looking for a Group Leader of Oncology Drug Discovery to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Belfast area. As the Group Leader - Drug Discovery you will be responsible for leading a team of Biologists focused on early stage drug discovery projects for the identification for novel Oncology therapies.
This role would suit an experience an experienced Cancer Biologist, ideally with experience of Cancer models (Primary, Organoid or Spheroid), who has worked in a Drug Discovery setting where you have identified and validate novel targets and conducted mechanism of action studies.
This is a a leadership role where you will lead an experienced team of 4 Biologists. Previous line management experience is not required but evidence of matrix management and staff supervision is a must.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Group Leader - Drug Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Be responsible for leading a team of 4 Biologists. You will Motivate, lead, develop and train the team and also ensure the personal and professional development.
2. Work closely with the VP of Drug Discovery and senior leadership to decide of strategy and help grow their pipeline. You will work closely with multidisciplinary groups including Chemistry, ADME, Translational and Bioinformatic teams.
3. Work closely with CROs and collaborators to ensure the delivery of key projects.
4. Use your extensive disease biology modelling and drug discovery experience to ensure the progression of projects as well as advise on new target and new project in-licensing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Group Leader - Drug Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, ideally at PhD level, in Drug Discovery, Biology, Oncology or a similar related field.
2. Proven industry experience in Drug Discovery. Ideally with a focus on early stage drug discovery such as Target Identification, Target Validation and Mechanism of Action studies.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Cancer models, primary tissues and cells, co-culturing, functional and mechanistic cell-based assays, Flow Cytometry, FACS as well as CRISPR screens.
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Target Identification | Target ID | Target Validation | MOA | Mechanism of Action | Oncology | Cancer Biology | Oncologist | Biologist | Cancer Models | Organoid | Spheroid | 3D Models | Cell based Assays | Functional Assays | Screening assays | FACS | Leadership | Line Management
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.