HRS have partnered with a new Drug Discovery start-up based in Cambridge that are looking to identify an experienced Oncologist with previous experience leading Drug Discovery project to join them as their new VP of Target Discovery.
Working closely with the CSO and VP of Operations, you will lead their R&D site based in Cambridge and create the drug discovery strategy for this early stage, AI driven Biotech. You will work closely with the Computational and Data teams to drive Drug Discovery and build out the Target Discovery team focused on developing a Functional Genomics Platform for screening targets.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the VP of Target Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. R&D Site lead along side their VP of Operations
2. Develop the Drug Discovery strategy for Target Discovery and Validation
3. Lead the technology development for functional genomics and single cell technologies.
4. Lead the external collaborations with collaborators and service providers such as CROs.
5. Leadership and development of a growing R&D team
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the VP of Target Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Oncology or a related field in addition to extensive Drug Discovery experience for Oncology targets
2. Proven industry experience with Functional Genomics, RNAi, CRISPR and single cell technologies
3. A Data focused mindset where you have previous experience collaborating closely with Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and AI teams..
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Target Identification | Target ID | Target Validation | Oncology | Cancer Biology | Neuraloncology | AI | Data | Computational | VP | Vice President | Functional Genomics | Functional Genomic Screens | CRISPR | RNAi | CRISPR
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.