At the RSC we embrace flexibility and offer hybrid working, which means our teams come together when they need to collaborate.
Although this role is contractually based at our Cambridge office, you will be able to work from home within the UK, with the expectation that you will attend the office as needed for your role.
We have an exciting opportunity for 2x Senior Business Analysts to join the Royal Society of Chemistry.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will hold an influential position within our organisation, driving business transformation and shaping the future direction of our organisation. Reporting to the Business Analysts Team Leader and working closely with key stakeholders, you will play a pivotal role in identifying business opportunities, defining requirements, and delivering innovative solutions that drive growth, operational excellence, and customer satisfaction.
You will lead the analysis, design, and implementation of business processes, systems, and solutions, ensuring they align with the organisation's strategic goals and objectives. Your expertise in business analysis methodologies, techniques, and tools will enable you to guide the business analysis team and provide mentorship to junior analysts, fostering a culture of excellence, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
In this role it is expected that you will attend the office on an ad-hoc basis. If you need flexible working arrangements, please outline this in your application.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in business analysis, including a proven track record of successfully delivering complex business solutions.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis methodologies, techniques, and tools, with a deep understanding of requirements management and documentation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate complex business environments, identify strategic opportunities, and develop innovative solutions.
- Advanced proficiency in requirements elicitation, analysis, and modelling techniques, such as use cases, user stories, process mapping, and data modelling.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including senior executives.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking, with the ability to align business objectives with technology solutions and drive tangible business outcomes.
- Experience in managing and prioritising multiple initiatives, balancing competing priorities, and effectively allocating resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proficient in using business analysis tools and software, such as requirements management systems, collaboration platforms, and data visualisation tools, to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship-building skills, with the ability to navigate complex organisational dynamics, build trust, and influence key decision-makers.
A full job description is available here.
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced parental leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date. When applying, you will need to provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills/ expertise match the competencies outlined in the Job Description.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
At the RSC, we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply. We particularly encourage applications from disabled and ethnic minority candidates.
As a part of the Disability Confident Scheme, we endeavour, where possible, to offer an interview to candidates meeting the essential criteria of the role, who has a substantial physical/mental impairment which impacts their ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
We are committed to making our recruitment processes accessible to all and as part of this, we are flexible in the ways we give and receive information. If you would like to apply using a different format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 1223 432229 and we will do our best to put any reasonable adjustments in place.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org