We are currently looking for a Protein Bioconjugation Scientist to join a growing Biotechnology company based in the North East of the UK. As the Protein Bioconjugation Scientist you will be responsible for applying your protein purification knowledge to purify Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADCs) to target difficult to treat cancers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Bioconjugation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform conjugation methods of antibodies and other proteins in-house to produce potential therapeutic ADCs.
2. You will analyse antibody drug conjugates using a variety of different skillsets, including but not limited to HPLC, LCMS, Gel Electrophoresis, SDS Page, UV, WB and more.
3. You will apply your protein purification experience (Chromatography, SEC, AKTA Systems), whilst learning new chemical synthesis techniques.
4. As the Protein Bioconjugation Scientist you will effectively liase with the Chemistry, and Cell Biology teams to validate ADCs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Bioconjugation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Protein Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Biology etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven academic or industry experience in preforming bioconjugation or protein purification techniques independently.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical methods to analyse drug conjugates, including but not limited to HPLC, LCMS, Gel Electrophoresis, SDS Page, WB etc.
Key Words: | Bioconjugation | Protein Bioconjugation | Conjugation | Analytical | HPLC | ADC | Antibody Drug Conjugates | Drug Conjugates | SDS Page | Gel Electrophoresis | North East| Drug Development | Chemistry | Biochemistry | PhD | Purification | Protein Conjugation | Antibody Conjugation | Antibody Fragment Drug Conjugates | Protein Purification | AKTA | SEC | Midlands | MSc
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.