The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has a great opportunity for a Brand and Corporate Content Executive to join us on a permanent basis.
We have an exceptional diversity of audiences – from schoolchildren to scientists to politicians and the public – and our work includes activities focused on our role as a professional body, a publisher and as the voice of the chemical science community. We use our influence and reach to campaign for change on a wide range of issues, from global sustainability to equality in chemistry.
The environment that the RSC operates in has fundamentally changed – the rolling effect of digitalisation is accelerating the importance of digital to our customer relationships and interconnections. We are undertaking a digital transformation programme as an organisation-wide transformation in human and technological capability, to enable digital-first delivery for every product and service. Our digital presence must act as an international shop window for the organisation, its products, services and work, attracting attention, inspiring involvement and creating the desire to take action among all our audiences, proactively managing and enhancing our organisational reputation.
As our Brand and Corporate Content Executive, you will play a key role in our Communications team, helping to manage the brand strategy, delivering corporate-level brand story-telling campaigns and promoting the impact that the RSC has on advancing the chemical sciences. This means helping to build the organisation’s profile and influence with key stakeholders, supporting our members and chemical scientists across the world and helping to grow and diversify our revenue streams. You will also support the implementation of enterprise content strategy across the organisation, to improve the experience of and engagement with our products, services and purpose through a consistent and connected audience experience.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of brand management, ideally for a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of collaborating with others to deliver complex multichannel projects and campaigns, including working with external creative agencies and colleagues at different levels in the organisation. Effective project management skills and ability to prioritise in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong communicator and influencer at all levels and with people of different styles with a flexible and adaptable approach: to motivate and gain support from other internal departments and stakeholders as well as with external contacts.
- Demonstrable understanding and appreciation of the impact of science upon society and in communicating science to non-scientific audiences and a desire to promote and enable the positive impact of chemistry and science generally, on social, political, and economic issues.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience, with evidence of commitment to continuous professional development (CPD).
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to also work from a UK location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend our Cambridge and London offices as needed for their role (on average a minimum of once per week, mainly at our Cambridge office).
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you are interested in this great in-house role, please apply at the earliest opportunity. When applying, please provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills / expertise match the competencies outlined in the job description here.